Any known problems with vmplayer and git driver?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:55:20 PST 2011

Hi,
   I switched to the git version of xf86-video-ati this morning and I
immediately noticed some improvements with things like KDE menus and
such. However almost immediately I started having problems with
VMWare's vmplayer app. Appliances that I have run for months now won't
run at all. Lock files are left in the appliance directories and the
player won't play them.

   There have been a few other changes to this machine over the last
few days so I want to be careful about debugging what the root cause
is but they were certainly working this morning before I tried the new
driver.

   At this point I'm unable to run my most important appliances.

   I have not yet downgraded back to the normal release. I'll be doing
that soon.

   Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers,
Mark