recommended ati graphic hardware

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 05:29:34 PST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 13:03 +0100, Sebastian Niehaus wrote:
> Sorry, this may be off topic on a developers mailing list.
>

> I was searching if there is such a thing as a "Developer's Choice" in
> ATI Graphic hardware.
>
> I am looking for a silent card which works on Debian Squeeze
> (xserver-xorg-video-ati version 6.13.1). Performance is not an issue.

I'm using an HD2600 under squeeze. I have updated the libdrm* packages
to the unstable version (2.4.23-0.0), I can't remember why and maybe
it's even unneeded, but otherwise I think it's all squeeze:
xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.13.1-2+squeeze1
xserver-xorg-core 2:1.7.7-11
libgl1-mesa-dri 7.8.2-2

It works well, does OpenGL sufficiently to run XBMC. Sometimes Xorg
happens to die when playing movies, but it's quite rare.

> Some kind of hardware matrix on a public web page would be /very/ cool
> or some recommenations of currently availiable hardware.

Fully agreed !

	Xav