Problem in installing radeon driver

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Sun Oct 2 03:32:07 PDT 2011

On Sam, 2011-10-01 at 20:16 +0800, Superymk wrote:
> Sorry for bother again. I installed ubuntu-11.10-beta1. It seems I can
> use hardware rendering now. Attach the log files.

glxinfo shows the classic r600 driver being used, but current Ubuntu
should use r600g by default. If you built Mesa yourself, make sure you
use lib/gallium/r600_dri.so instead of lib/r600_dri.so.

> But I cannot use 3D acceleration for VGA virtualization in Vmware
> Workstation 8.0 now. There is no such issue if I use fglrx. Any idea?

If the problem persists with r600g, the vmware.log file should say why
3D acceleration isn't enabled for the guest.

> Also, the glxgears performance is around 60 fps. The output is "Running
> synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
> approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate." What can I do to
> improve it?

vblank_mode=0 glxgears

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com