How to set mode to 1080p24 for HDTV

Frederik Vogelsang frederik.vogelsang at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:01:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am using an HDMI connection between my computer and my TV. For
smooth playback of HD movies I need to set the mode of the TV to
1080p24. Unfortunately the radeon driver does not recognize this mode
through the TV's EDID - only 1080p,1080p50 and 1080i are available. Is
there a way to force 1080p24 somehow? To me it seems like the CEA EDID
(which should contain the 24p mode) is ignored by the video driver.

As always: I am using linux-git, mesa-git, libdrm-git and xf86-video-ati-git :)

Regards,
 Frederik