[Xorg] XInput Hotplug Additions

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Aug 2 20:46:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:41:29PM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Yeah, I don't see any reason to continue to support user-level device
> drivers when few (any?) systems need them any more.  If you want hot-plug,
> then you get to create a reasonable input system.  For really broken
> environments, a user-level process could open the device and submit
> standard format events through some back-channel.

I think the current horrific mess of os-support, random crap strewn
through imake, and common/ (so-called 'common') is a testament to why we
should force as much stuff over to the underlying system as possible.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org