[Xorg] CVS HEAD -- ftfuncs.c:931: error: structure has no membernamed `find_sbit_image'

Keith Whitwell keith at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Aug 3 01:06:12 PDT 2004

Egbert Eich wrote:
> I made the necessary modifications so that the code build also with
> freetype 2.1.7. I hope this makes everyone happy now so that this issue
> doesn't need to be discussed any longer.
>
> Chisato, would you please get the latest bits from X.Org to check
> if I screwed up? I don't want to break you fix so shortly before the
> release. Thanks a lot!

It's interesting to see X.org work this problem through.  One thing that
strikes me about the process is that people here are bending over backwards to
avoid suprising the user, which is laudable.  What strikes me is that we
aren't getting the same support from our 'upstream' projects - while there has
been some flamage within X.org, I can't help but thinking freetype needs a
boot up the backside if they really are introducing API changes and binary
incompatibilities in point releases -- what's going on, what's being done
about it, who takes responsibility?

Keith