[Xorg] How to enable Composite extension

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Tue Aug 3 13:33:47 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:12:16PM +0200, Svetoslav Slavtchev wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Any hints how to enable Composite extension? I know you can enable it
> > already with "+extension Composite" command line option but I think
> > there exists also "Extensions" section to enable/disable extensions
> > like this.
>
> add smth like this :
> Section "Extensions"
> #       Option  "XEVIE"         "Enable"
> #       Option  "Composite"     "Enable"
> #       Option  "Composite"     "Disable"
> EndSection

Hmm ... this only works for XEVIE.

Section "Extensions"
       Option  "XEVIE"         "Disable"
       Option  "Composite"     "Enable"
EndSection

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
(EE) Extension "Composite" is unrecognized
Problem when converting the config data structures
(EE) Error parsing the config file

> > And where can Composite be enabled by default in the code itself?
>
> no idea,
> but i wouldn't do it for now
> here X wont start with it enabled

Did work for me when using "+extension Composite" command line option.

Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX AG
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstrasse 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany