[Xorg] Re: Minutes from August 4 Release Wranglers call

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Wed Aug 4 21:27:48 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 02:27:54AM +0200, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> >On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Paul Anderson wrote:
> >

> >>Bugzilla/Testing status
> >>-----------------------
> >>How do we get more testing on wider variety of platforms?  Kevin
> >>said the release will get put upstream into Rawhide as soon
> >>as possible to increase testing exposure.
> >

> >I'll prepare test packages for cygwin and upload them.
> >
> >which numbering scheme is preferrable for those pre release packages?
> >something like 6.7.99?
>
> Traditionally 6.7.99.1 and so on, I'd say. If tradition counts, that is.

That is an excellent suggestion.  The extra .# will help us track which
pre-release is used.  Following this thought through, we should also tag
the tree for each pre-release package.  The problem is that we don't
have the official release name yet, but currently the thought is that it
will be X11R6.8.  Once the name is finalized, I will follow up with the
other release wranglers to determine what the pre-release tags will be
(probably something like XORG-PRE-R6_8-# where # is the pre-release
package number).  I will report back with the results.