[Xorg] Solicitation of screen shots of new facilities in action...

Ryan ryan.gallagher at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 11:34:08 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 20:10 +0200, Ronny V. Vindenes wrote:
> lør, 14,.08.2004 kl. 09.52 -0700, skrev Keith Packard:
> > Around 11 o'clock on Aug 14, "Ronny V. Vindenes" wrote:
> >
> > > notice how parts of the gnome panel blanks out
> > > - I see this at random places and times
> >
> > I fixed a bug that did this when using Composite last night.
> >

> I still see it with cvs from today

Not me, things are drawing really nicely, metacity, gnome and gnome-
panel and any gtk apps I've run do anyway.  Some other toolkits still
don't draw right though.  Running the program Audacity (fltk audio
editor) reveals some glitches in menu items.

The only profound visual issue for me is broken scrolling in evolution
firefox (scrolling in gedit and gnome-terminal is fine).  Composite is
still prohibitively slow.  Interestingly running skippy-xd (expose clone
using composite et. al.) is also dog slow.  This confirms the issue to
be in xaa and composite not xcompmgr itself?

-ry