[Xorg] Re: Code freeze and first release candidate tagged

Mon Aug 16 17:42:26 PDT 2004

Stuart Kreitman wrote:
> Does everyone outside of SUN use gcc, and if so, would you write an
> internal bug to ask our code tools to increase the PIC table?

They'd close it as "RTFM".  If your code uses more than 2048
symbols on SPARC, you need to use -KPIC (Sun cc) or -fPIC (gcc),
instead of the -Kpic/-fpic used by default in the X Imake configs.
The fix here is simply to use the right set of PIC flags for the
GL libraries.  (I fixed this before, but it seems to have gotten
lost in the Mesa 6 import and code reorganization.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com