[Xorg] Re: [GATOS]Getting GATOS branch created on Xorg

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Fri Aug 20 10:16:01 PDT 2004

This is best for Vladimir to answer ;-)

Anders Johansson <ajh at watri.org.au> wrote:Hi,

I am not an active developer but I have been following the project on
and off since 1999. To me it seems as if the project is currently
progressing at a pace which is too slow to produce useful result. I
just want to give my opinion about what I think should be done:

I think I would be a good idea to split the project into two. One part
which deals with TV and monitor output (+ 3D and xv) and one which
deals with TV input.

The output bit should be merged with X.org and the input bit with V4L.

Is it possible to cut a deal with ATI for giving the docs to other
projects so the development could continue?

Sorry,
//Anders