Usage of Tilt Wheel?

robert crimofbai at web.de
Sun Aug 29 07:05:19 PDT 2004

Hi List,

I've got a MS Wireless Optical Mouse (yes, i know), that has got a tilt
Wheel. Thats a function of the Scroll Wheel to tilt it left and right to
scroll horizontal.
I like this functionality and of course I want to use it under Linux ;)

I posted to linuxquestions.org and one of the Users there made a small
patch for the hid driver that seems to work and produces some "crap"
when the wheel is tilted. The thread is there:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186975
Could it be possible to creatve events that xev can read and some other
program work with (imwheel...) ?

As you maybe see I'm no developer, so any help is welcome =)

Thanks,

-Robert