X11 and virtual screen resolution

Lucas thelucas at directbox.com
Mon Aug 30 16:15:18 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to "instruct" the window
manager(KDE in my case) to maximize windows to the width of the visible
part of the screen and not to the width of the virtual screen. I
configured my X11 to set 1280x768 for virtual screen whereas the physical
resolution is 1024x768. Windows widen up all the way to the "1280" when
maximized, which is kind of disturbing. I was just wondering if it were
possible to change this behavior or not.

Thank you for your responses,

Lucas