NV driver Question

sam williams samiam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:11:32 PST 2004

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I'm curious
about the NV driver for xorg under Fedora Core 3. I haven't switched
over to the commercial Nvidia driver yet, partially because of
complaints I've read and also because I haven't needed any more the NV
provides.

The question came up at work today and I said I ran the nv driver,
however when I use an lsmod to display my loaded modules, I see
nothing that looks remotely like NV or any type of framebuffer device.
I'm sure the answer is obvious, but what is it. What mechanism does
the xorg NV driver use and what should I expect to see in an lsmod
listing?

Thanks for your help,

Sam Williams