Kdrive tree/status

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Dec 2 07:54:08 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 10:53 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:29:32 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > >     http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/xserver
> >
> > Seems to have moved to:
> >
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fXserver
>
> Which is also known as:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Xserver
>
> If we're sure we want the "/wiki" in the canonical names, then we should
> probably just drop a few permanent redirects in place for the few things
> that used to exist at the top level:
>
> 	/Software -> /wiki/Software
> 	/Standards -> /wiki/Standards
> 	etc.

Is there any reason not to just rewrite the wiki/ off for
everything? It just looks like an implementation detail leaking
out to the person reading the website...

Regards,
					Owen

(I wonder if there is some way to configure Moin to emit
URIs with / rather than _2f... That's a far worse implementation
detail leaking out.)