Patch for the macedonian XKB layout

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:07:49 PST 2004

Hello Damjan

> But also I've noticed that someone has changed the name of the keyboard layout
> from "Macedonian" to "Macedonian (FYROM)". That happened in the 1.5 CVS
> revision.

As a maintainer of xkeyboard-config, I feel resposible for this. As
you may guess, I absolutely don't know what is the right idea of
putting it (and gladly accept any of these variants). It definitely
was not me who put "FYROM" there (moreover, I remember myself asking
the person who submitted the code "What does FYROM mean?"). And I
welcome you to xkb at listserv.bat.ru (
http://listserv.bat.ru/xkb/List.html?Language= ) for discussions of
that kind - there can be people who can have different opinion so
hopefully we'll find consensus. I realize how politically charged
these things are - so let's talk and probably we'll find the solution
which makes everyone (or at least, majority) happy.

Sergey

PS. Regarding "FYROM" thing - see
http://listserv.bat.ru/xkb/Message/71.html?Language= and around...