Matrox TV-out patches (was Re: generic display reprobing at user's request)

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Wed Dec 8 12:10:59 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 23:32, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> In my experimental TV patches for matrox, one of the things I do is
> re-detect the presence of the TV cable on a VT switch.

Ooh. I've been and googled for these. Found a few mail messages, but no
patches.

What is the state of these? What features have you got working? Can it
work without the mga_hal module?

I'd be very interested in testing and maybe hacking on these. I have a
G550 and am using the TV out under X at the moment. Currently this is
done by poking the registers after X starts, and it works ok, but proper
support would be much better.

I don't care if the patches are alpha, just so long as they work with a
recent Xorg.

Cheers,

Martin.