Experimental options

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 16:16:19 PST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:53:36 -0500 (EST), Vladimir Dergachev
<volodya at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Ian Romanick wrote:
>
> > So, there's three separate issues here.
> >
> > 1. Should the DDX use the DRM to assist with 2D acceleration?
>
> They already do, at least all radeons. Or maybe I misunderstood your
> question ?

well, the drm is only used if 3d is enabled.  but if you don't have
enough ram for 3d or you don't want to use the dri, the driver falls
back to MMIO.  It'd be nice to use the drm for 2d all the time
assuming the drm is available for your platform.