ChangeLogging commits to CVS

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Dec 14 13:03:53 PST 2004

Around 15 o'clock on Dec 14, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> Is it feasible to require our own version of CVS ? I might give a try at
> modifying it to suit what we need...

That way lies insanity.  We've used custom versions of CVS at points in
the past to deal with RCS tags with custom names ($XConsortium, etc alia),
and it's a huge problem as people have to get CVS downloaded and compiled
and make sure they never use the wrong version.

Replacing CVS is a far better option at this point, but we're not
ready to jump ship yet.

-keith