VGA out on ATI Technologies Inc M9+ 5C63 [Radeon Mobility 9200 (AGP)] (rev 01)

Alessandro Ronchi alessandro.ronchi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 07:11:02 PST 2004

Il giorno ven, 17-12-2004 alle 14:51 -0500, Alex Deucher ha scritto:

I've tried to compile the Xorg cvs to make this work, but I am
unsuccessfull.

This option:

> Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT"

makes the Xorg crash with a signal 11 and no errors. (Even if it detects
correctly the external monitor).

If I comment the

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "X Alone"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

It uses the

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Ati Radeon Mobility Merged"
	Driver 	     "radeon"
	VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
	BoardName   "Radeon 9200 Mobility Dual"
	Option      "AGPMode" "4"
	Option	    "LVDSProbePLL" "true"
	Option      "UseFWPLL" "true"
	Option      "MergedFB" "true"
	Option      "CRT2Position" "Clone"
	Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768"
#	Option      "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,CRT"
EndSection

but I cannot use the MonitorLayout option. Without this option VGA out
still doesn't work.

Is there a solution to this problem?

In compilation operation I've got this problem with make (and it failed
to compile):

radeon_driver.c:1474: error: previous implicit declaration of
'RADEONUpdatePanelSize' was here

I simply moved the 'RADEONUpdatePanelSize' function declaration before
its use, in the file radeon_driver.c. It would be nice to update also
the CVS code, do you want this simply patch?
--
Alessandro Ronchi
www.aronchi.org