xc/programs considered harmful

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Dec 19 08:48:15 PST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Leon Shiman wrote:

> Daniel -
>
> There  is a procedure already in place for deprecating ANY code. It is part
> of X.Org's commitment to stability of the code base.  The Architecture Group
> is the place to start; under Paul Anderson's chairmanship they are empowered
> to review and propose changes. You should write xorg_arch at x.org.
>
> It is also inappropriate to propose cdhanges - much less changes of this
> magnitude - just prior to the Christmas-New Year's holidays, which affect
> many active members of the community.
>
> I suggest you start by reviewing standing policies with Paul Anderson.
>
> Leon

Right... Why have public discussion when you can decide something in a
commity?
Why tell anyone that someone is working on it unless someone sends a
public mailing list a propusel to do the same?

Give me a break.. if it's something that being discussed for so long
and the people who worked on it didn't hear about the intentions of that
commity, then something is wrong on your part don't you think?

I already offed you guys to make a roadmap, and show public what you are
planning, it was completly ignored as a useless offer.
I hope now you see why I think it's usefull

Ely