hard lock w/ 6.8.1.901

Wil Reichert wil.reichert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:16:38 PST 2004

Unsure if this is an xorg issue or a Gentoo issue, but I snagged
6.8.1.901 from portage & built it on my laptop.  Compiled fine but
glxgears locks the machine hard.  Configuration works fine under
6.8.1, all I did was change my xorg.conf to reflect the new module
path.  Laptop is an IBM T40 with a Radeon M7.

my device section:

Section "Device"
        Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
        Option          "AGPFastWrite"          "True"
        Option          "BackingStore"          "True"
        Option          "DynamicClocks"         "True"
        Identifier      "Radeon"
        Driver          "ati"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName       "Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Config problem er bug?

Wil