patches on FC3 Re: [ANN] X11R6.8.2 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Wed Dec 22 20:37:05 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 18:40 -0800, Allen Akin wrote:

> Right.  The reason is that OpenGL exists independently of X.  You can
> have (and some people do have) UNIX-based systems with OpenGL but
> without X.

But in this case, GL comes with Xorg-X11, so doesn't make sense thinking
in "openGL but without X", but to respect that, for me make more sense
and is more simple, do a symbolic link from
/usr/include/GL -> /usr/X11R6/include/GL

This because is much more simple cleaning X installations, in my case I
like have experimental savage dri working and I have to compile xorg
from cvs and install over Xorg from fedora and normally I forget
clean /usr/include/GL .

thanks,
--
Sérgio M.B.