radeon/r128 patches

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Dec 24 00:43:42 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 15:07 -0600, David Stanaway wrote:

> In Panther, the display is fine.

When you reboot in Open Firmware after going to panther, is your second
monitor set up at the full resolution or not ? Can you try with OS 9
provided you still have it around ? I want to make sure that the OF
driver properly sets up the external TMDS transmitter for the higher
frequency (r128 doesn't have an internal one, does it ?)

It would be useful also to try to "spy" the registers in MacOS, but
while I know how to do it in OS 9, I don't have the tools for that in
Panther.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>