GL_ARB_texture_compression - which driver?

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Sat Dec 25 08:39:31 PST 2004

I recently added a DDS plugin to The Gimp, now when trying to save an image as
DDS, Gimp replies:
"GL_ARB_texture_compression is not supported by your OpenGL implementation."

So I googled around and found Mesa doesn't support this (I am running XOrg
6.8.1 with the radeon driver on a Radeon 9800Pro).
Heard there where some patches, but before immersing into patch orgies I
thought I ask the list whether there are other workarounds to this.

I am aware that ATI's fglrx driver module would provide such functions, but
fglrx has serious bugs and other issues, especially with video overlay,
besides they don't support XOrg yet and the driver won't build on 6.8 anyway,
so this is no option.

Dex

--

http://www.againsttcpa.com - nothing fights like the opposition