libdrm issues blocking accelerated indirect GL

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Dec 31 14:28:17 PST 2004

On Thursday 30 December 2004 14:20, Adam Jackson wrote:
> - Option 4: Link libdrm into the DRI drivers dynamically instead.
> Pros: Doesn't change libGL/driver ABI.
> Cons: Requires server control over runtime link path, sketchy.  DDX also
> calls into libdrm, so DRI driver would need to be loaded into the server
> quite early.  Creates a new unshared DSO.

This one looks best since most of the cons end up not applying.  Attached
patches implement this.  xf86drmCompat.c has been dropped from libdrm (still
there just not built).  The default target in drm/libdrm will now build
libdrm.so.  Also did some visibility cleanups on libdrm while I was in the
area.  Tested on mga, works just fine.

libdrm.so installs into /lib since in a solo world we'll want it before /usr
is mounted.  Also gave it a real soname so we can install multiple API
versions in parallel should the need ever arise.

If I add the X module info pieces, libdrm might be usable on the server too,
at least under dlloader.

- ajax