[Xorg] CVS warnings at commit...

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Jul 4 08:11:39 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 11:08:38AM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> Yes, I think these people have gone over the top. CVS doesn't appear to
> be the solid, backward compatible app it used to be.
> On the other hand, has version 12 been declared stable at all? I've seen
> a lot of problems with a previous sub-version of version 12 which even
> produced repository corruption which needed to be fixed by hand.
> Furthermore it would quit on me in the middle of a larger operation.
> That's why I've installed cvs version 11 for my own personal use.

I don't know - I just see the vulnerabilities roll in in
+debian-security-announce or other, pull anoncvs down, get the new source
and apply my patch, install the package, and it's done.

Personally, CVS is uninteresting for me. I use it when I need to, but
for personal stuff, I don't even consider it.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org