[Xorg] Keyboard drivers: kbd vs. keyboard

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Tue Jul 6 03:17:44 PDT 2004

Yeah, I suspected as much.  But isn't that a chicken-and-egg problem? If
the legacy driver continues to be supported, we'll never get the missing
bits done for the new driver.  I really think it's worthwhile, and it
ties in nicely with the XInput cleanup/hotplug work.

What about marking the legacy driver as deprecated (print a big warning
if it is used) and encourage people to use the new driver.  After a
while, maybe the release after the next, we remove the legacy driver.

Kristian