[Xorg] Resync branches...

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Wed Jul 7 06:06:10 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz writes:

 > Hi!
 >
 > ----
 >
 > Does anyone here have a _simple_ script which can sync two CVS branches
 > ? I'd like to breath live into an old branch and update it to "trunk",
 > including the special attributes of files in the CVS (execute flag,
 > binary flag etc.) ...

If you haven't tagged the version where both versions have 'forked'
there probably isn't a simple way. If you have created the branch
on the old CURRENT branch and you have tagged the version from which
you have merged last you may be able to update from this tag to the
tag in current which marks the final version and then continue
merging the diffs between the initial version on trunk and the current
version.

	Egbert.