[Xorg] Next X.Org Foundation release plan

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Fri Jul 9 17:20:55 PDT 2004

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 14:52, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
>
>>And where is debrix in this picture?
>>It is quite important for distro vendors because of the xlibs
>>separation. It would be cool to know how much time we have to split
>>XFree86-devel (or X11-devel in this case) dependencies into lib*-devel.
>
> As long as daniels and I are the only ones beating on it there's probably no
> way debrix could be ready by Aug 25.  In addition to finishing the
> autotooling, we'd still need several major modules imported, and a whole slew
> of testers.

I understand. I'll try to do some betatesting and maybe small frame
development but need to rebuild some software with xlibs first. :)

I was asking about a longer period of time. Is first debrix release
expected this year or is monolithic tree planned to be the main tree for
next 2 years? :)

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa