[Xorg] OT: radeon questions

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 08:17:18 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 09:40, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
[...]
>Yes the page is old, but the bottom section refering to 2.5 kernels
>should apply. Remember to use the fb suffix, eg radeonfb or vesafb.
> Have you tried vesafb btw?
>
>You can get most of the boot messages by using the dmesg command.

Which, if a reboot is done with the reset button while its apparently
hung during this period, will be overwritten long before it can be
read by rebooting to a known good configuration.  That is not a
satisfactory solution IMO, so I will revert to the module that never
loads for some reason.  And loaded or not, glxgears still runs in the
175-200 range.  It should run 1000+.  And tuxracer crashes the mouse
on exit in any event, requireing a reboot to restore the mouse.

In my last tests 6+ months back up the log, vesafb conflicted badly
with other framebuffers, disallowing one to ctrl-alt-fx out of x and
back, and usually results a system crash & a trip to the reset
button.  In that case, I have usually been able to ssh into it from
the firewall and do a gracefull reboot _if_ I remember I can do it :(

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.