[Xorg] cvs compile errors

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Wed Jul 21 21:30:10 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 12:28:05AM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> This was on a fedora core 2 system.  building just the Xserver fails
> as well on what looks like a related error:
>
> gcc -m32 -o Xorg -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi
> [...]
> gcc: ../../lib/font/fontbase.o: No such file or directory
> gcc: ../../lib/font/libfontbase.a: No such file or directory
> make: *** [Xorg] Error 1
>
> Any idea how I get around this?

That's really weird - libXfont isn't getting built. Do you have
BuildXfontLib set to NO anywhere? It's actually quite difficult to
bypass building this.

Aha, unless you build with make -k, in which libXfont failed to link,
but it kept stumbling on until it linked Xorg. It's probably the exact
same problem, and this is why I hate the monolithic tree, and -k.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org