[Xorg] new comitter

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Sun Jul 25 16:33:52 PDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Mostly we're missing build machines.  I've set up a system doing
> normal and non-DRI builds on FreeBSD, but I don't think I'll be able
> to keep that particular machine for very long.  I've got motherboards,
> CPUs, RAM, and disks here to set up some dedicated tinderbox clients,
> but I need some ATX rackmount cases in order to house them, and those
> are rather expensive :( So it looks like we need people to run the
> scripts themselves unless I find a solution to the housing issue.

Do the scripts generate output that we could provide for inclusion in
this tinderbox?  If so, we have some systems at OSDL that we could
probably run them on.  If you can point me at the scripts, I'll look
into it.

> Another would be to collect a set of appropriate tests (xtest suite,
> rendercheck?) to be run under Xvfb to test that DIX remains sane.

Are these tests packaged separately or are they part of the X package?
Do the packages contain the docs for them?

> The tinderbox3 system has a lot of rough edges in terms
> of general interface and configuration that could use polishing, too.

For the kernel tinderbox (http://tinderbox.osdl.org/) we added a
legend.

Bryce