[Xorg] new comitter

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Jul 25 17:53:37 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 05:50:54PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 17:30, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > However, is our environment "interesting" enough to be worth setting up
> > in this way?  Basically, we've got ia32 systems with 1, 2, 4, and 8 cpu,
> > can install redhat 7.1 or 9.0 or suse 9.0, and pretty much any version
> > of the linux kernel (including all the major branches).  Does this
> > environment sound like it would provide sufficient additional coverage?
> > Are there easy ways we could tweak it to provide more coverage (like
> > installing alternatives of particular libs/tools or other distros).
>
> We have no Linux tinderboxes running, so any Linux tinderbox would be
> great.  I would go with a recent redhat or suse.  I'm thinking at this
> point that I need to make some more tb server-controllable knobs in the
> scripts.  Adding a no-DRI control would be easy (I have it in the
> scripts and I hand-edit the switch to "on" on the machine I do it on).
> Checking different GCC versions might be useful, and adding a control
> for that wouldn't be hard I don't think.  If we get too many variables,
> though, we'll have to figure out a better way of formatting the output.

Run one on freedesktop.org, which is Debian, somewhere in between
testing and unstable. That's a Linux platform, and a very
widely-deployed one at that. :)

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org