[Xorg] Debian/unstable tinderbox

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Wed Jul 28 20:58:13 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Jim Gettys wrote:
>
> > We have N versions of *BSD, Linux, Solaris, Cygwin, Darwin  etc, on x86,
> > x86-64, Itanium, ARM, Alpha, etc.
>
> I possibly can help with NetBSD and other *BSDs.
>
> I may have overlooked it, but where is the quick
> how-to-get-started-with-tinderbox guide for Xorg?

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/TinderboxWiki

This link is also in the tinderclient README.  I added some additional
details on use of 'screen', etc.  The tinderbox itself is here:

http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/tinderbox3/showbuilds.pl?tree=XMonolithic

> I don't really know what tinderbox other than what I am beginning to read
> at http://www.mozilla.org/tinderbox.html
>
> NetBSD (as far as I know) doesn't have a packaged tinderbox client.
>
> I also don't see a tinderbox client for FreeBSD (it is not in "ports"
> collection).
>
> Maybe I can package it for others once I find the source ...

You check it out of CVS from freedesktop.org, and it has all the bits
you need.  It's pretty straightforward to set up, and the instructions
are easy to follow step-by-step.  There's not really many dependencies
to set up (except basics like cvs, perl, etc.)

Bryce