[Xorg] bugzilla and voting

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Jun 2 03:56:21 PDT 2004

Hey,
I wanted to suggest to enable the bug voting in bugzilla
I know it's one of those things that have long boring arguments about
but here I go anyhow;)

- It's good for the users let them take off steam instead of going to
complain to developers they know their voice is being heard.
- It gives user indication how many other people encounter that bug
- It gives developers information about which bug fixes/features are most
requested by users.

Now people would ask what if we don't care about what the users has to
say? Personaly I got the impression that this is not the case in projects
which are hosted on fd.o in general and espcialy not in the xorg
community. but even then knowing doesn't mean you have to act by it, it
still gives you information about credibility of bugs if one person submit
a bug you don't know how accurate it is, if 1000 ppl vote for it you know
there is something in it.

I don't see any downside for it, but since I saw some people object to it
I thought to explain my point of view:)

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University