[Xorg] idea for xorg development

Sat Jun 5 12:59:38 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz wrote:
> ... you forgot "XST" (Alexander Gelfenbain, Jay Hobson, Alan Coopersmith
> etc.) ... :)

Actually, I didn't include it because it hasn't been discussed at the
release-wranglers as something for the next release.  I don't know if
it's something we want to start talking about for the release planned
for sometime this summer, or something that would be best in a later
release.

> I am wondering why I always get the credits... others like Drew Parsons,
> Giuseppe Ghibò, Jay Hobson, Masaki Katakai, Simon Montagu, you and
> others are hacking that code, too...

Because I see your name on most of the commits to the Xorg tree for it.

> Before we start doing that we would need the framework to autogenerate
> the man and HTML pages from the DocBook masters.

I believe at least DocBook -> HTML is already present for the existing
docs.

> BTW: Sun has japanese versions of X11(7) etc. - they aren't part of the
> Xorg tree, right ?

We might - I don't usually install or look at the Japanese documentation
since I can't actually read it, and internally all the localized bits are
managed by the localization teams in their own trees, so they are in our
source trees.  I haven't seen anything like that in the Xorg tree either.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com