[Xorg] DRI merging

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jun 11 23:17:12 PDT 2004

I would like to see a merge from DRI CVS to X.Org in the near future.
Is there any opposition to this?

I could allocate the time to do it myself, I think, though my CVS skills
aren't too great.  If I were to do it, I'd just take from head.  While
it's an in-development branch, we could slurp patches over pretty easily
since afaik we don't have a release coming up in the next month.  This
would involve bringing in an import of Mesa 6.  The DRI drivers
currently in the tree would become Imakefile glue for the drivers that
are in Mesa 6.

Talking with daniels on irc, I understand there might be license
concerns floating around.  DRI CVS hasn't had a merge from XFree86 since
4.3.99.12, which was before the license changes.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org