[Xorg] New commiter process?

Charles Goodwin charlie at vexi.org
Wed Jun 16 10:42:24 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 13:14 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Keith very very specifically said they are *not* switching off CVS
> anytime soon.  Trust me, we've heard the same "CVS sucks" argument over,
> and over, and over, and over.  Likewise, we've heard the "this is why
> SCM [foo] rules so much" argument for every SCM in existence way more
> times than is necessary.  We all know everything there is to know about
> Subversion, Darcs, Bitkeeper, GNU Arch, etc.  (Most of us are bright
> enough to use one of those for our own projects.  ~,^ )

No apology necessary and, well, of course you guys know about 'em.  It
was a bit patronising of me to assume otherwise.  Sorry! ;)

> Xorg isn't switching anytime soon though for purely logistic reasons,

The rebuttal to that would be that a distributed SCM tool is better
"logistically" than CVS, but sheesh some say Emacs is better than Vi.

> so the argument is completely pointless.  Sorry.

Oh well.  "Nice try" me.  Back to lurker mode...
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie at vexi.org>
Online @ www.charlietech.com