[Xorg] debrix

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Mon Jun 28 08:09:30 PDT 2004

Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 01:54:02PM +0200, Jakub Piotr C?apa wrote:
>
>>Daniel Stone wrote:
>>
>>>Yep, I suck.
>>
>>PS. You sleep? Or eat? Or do anything else time-consuming? Every time I
>>write an e-mail you answer in less than 10 minutes. :D How are you doing
>>this? I'm impressed. ;-)
>
> It's been a while since I slept, but I was just in the middle of making
> these really nice sausage rolls. Real fat beefy sausages, gutted for the
> meat, with basil and lots of other spices, and real cracked pepper, and
> a bit of real beef stock. Unfortunately the filo pastry is crap, I
> think. Maybe it'll work OK. We'll see.

I hope it worked. If not you will be in bad mood. :D

> I think it's been almost an hour since you posted. How's that? :)

I don't recall saying I'm unhappy with you reply time. :D

I was playing a bit more with the source and found out:

- ati tries to load fbdevhw and fails. when i comment out
   radeon_driver.c:3991 it complains about missing vgaHWGetHWRec.
   'nm Xorg | grep vga' displays nothing.
   I don't really understand why symbols from scanpci are exported and
   those from vgahw aren't... They look identical to me (If they were we
   could just remove the line 3991 from radeon_driver or change
   xf86LoadSubModule so it would return TRUE for builtin modules)

- when I remove the pcidata from the baseModules list
   (hw/xorg/common/xf86Init.c:120) it catches SIGSEGV in
   x86pciBus.c:1732 - xf86SetupPciIds == NULL.
   It seems to work when we remove the conditional build (that is:
   sed -ie '1712,1723d;1730d;' x86pciBus.c)

Is there any use in me playing with this apart from learning (that's me)
and loosing time (that's you)? :) I would love to help and learn
something new (I've only played with simpler C programs before) but
maybe it is not the right moment for this?

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa