[Xorg] debrix related: corrupted screen with nv

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Jun 28 11:44:05 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 08:32:34PM +0000, Giovanni wrote:
> Alle 18:32, luned? 28 giugno 2004, Daniel Stone ha scritto:
> > On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 08:23:26PM +0000, Giovanni wrote:
> > > the server starts with no problem, mouse and keyboard is ok, it's stable,
> > > but the screen looks corrupted and with fonts messed up...anyway I'm glad
> > > someone is finally working on nvidia :)
> >
> > You're not building with --enable-composite, are you? If yes, disable it
> > - it's broken. If no, try with 'Option "NoAccel"'.
> no, it wasn't with --enable-composite...i tried with that but i got this
> error:
> [...]

Yeah. Don't do that. :)

> anyway..it works with  Option "NoAccel" :)

Word. I think I know what the problem is - quite possibly the
X_BYTE_ORDER define not carrying over ... although that should get set
in debrix.h. Ho hum.

I don't even have an nv card, so would someone (hi clee!) with an nv
card like to start poking and see what they can find?

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org