[Xorg] Xfbdev acceleration without offscreen pixmaps?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jun 29 12:06:40 PDT 2004

Around 14 o'clock on Jun 29, Michael Frey wrote:

> One item -- because I do not have much memory on my video card -- Using
> the composite extension is very slow.  I disabled it and the server
> screams.

Life is hard for those of us with small video cards; you'll see us
clustered 'round the 512Mb video cards with envy in our eyes.

If you have an AGP card, and some documentation, it's not at all
inconceivable to use main memory from the accelerator to make Composite
scream as well.

Glad it's working.

-keith