[Xorg] Re: CVS Update: xc (branch: XORG-RELEASE-1-TM)

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Mon Mar 22 05:05:14 PST 2004

Kaleb Keithley writes:

 > Log message:
 >   no bug report. Merge working left and right Meta, Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys
 >   from -CURRENT. A must have for this release IMNSHO. I'm also going to restore
 >   the Credits.rtf edits that Egbert deleted in -CURRENT too. RTF isn't any
 >   less human readable than SGML, IMO, and it's a bit unkind to delete credits.
 >   (Especially mine. :-)

Kaleb,

I find it inappropriate that you bash me publically in a CHANGELOG
file entry. Especially since I have notified you about this by email
(see below), explained why I have removed the credits stuff and asked
you to create a separate file and put this information in there.
This was merely because I don't have tools to deal with RTF
at hand and therefore couldn't make sure I didn't break anything.
I also wanted to avoid spending time to install such tools.

However if the release engineer is expected to have knowledge
about RTF I may be the wrong person for this job.

Maybe I should discontinue my efforts on the Xorg tree to give
you the chance to find a more capable person for this job.

Egbert.