[Xorg] Xfree86 4.4 vs Xorg Wrap-up

Harold L Hunt II huntharo at msu.edu
Fri Mar 26 08:06:58 PST 2004

Francois,

There is nothing to discuss.

XFree86 has not and is not working with developers that want to
contribute to the project.  You're going to have a really hard time
convincing the 20 people involved in the XOrg release that they should
drop everything and beg and plead to be allowed to work on XFree86; it
just doesn't make sense and isn't going to happen.

There will really be no confusion by distributors: I don't know of a
single one that is going to ship XFree86 4.4.0.

Please, if you don't have a vested interest in this topic, don't bring
it up since you can't possibly know the whole story about what has
happened and what is happening.  All of the players know exactly what
has happened and what is happening and we don't need to continue to
explain this out to people that aren't really directly involved.

Harold