AW: Re: AW: Re: 855GM and Dual

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:37:05 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:40 +0100, hephaistos6 at sms.at <hephaistos6 at sms.at> wrote:
> hi again, thx for your reply
>
> > > currently I tried: Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP" and
> > "Auto,CRT,LFP,None" and so on... But nothing worked.
> >
> > hmm... Like I said, I'm not too familiar with either the i8xx driver
> > or intel hardware.  you might try removing the line or swapping the
> > order, something like "LFP, CRT" since I've heard the enumeration of
> > the crtc->output mappings can change at random.
>
> I now attached my xorg.conf and my Xorg.log. I hope someone can give me a hint what's proably wronge....

first of all, you'll want to specify some modes in your screen
sections.  Secondly, you'll want to use the same monitorlayout option
for both device sections.  Only specifying LFP for one and CRT, LFP
for the other will cause problems. take another look at the config
files in the link I posted.

Alex