Frame buffer drivers for ATI Rage Mobility P/M

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Nov 5 17:08:37 PST 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 22:36, Alex Deucher wrote:

> ati's driver only support radeon 8500 and above chips.  Your chip is
> mach64 based.  you need to remove the ati driers and install a mach64
> DRI snapshot:

I don't think that is true.
It is clear from the source that the ati driver is meant to support
both Rage Mobility and Radeon.
I have it running on a Sony Picturebook (C1VFK)
with a Rage Mobility video system.
This is also the drvier you get if you run
any kind of configuration program,
 eg X --configure or system-configure-display.

> http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download

I didn't see anything there to support your assertion.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366