Xorg startup process in source code tree???

Sergei Mutovkin msergei at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:17:32 PST 2004

Hello,

can anyone please tell me where i can find in the source tree place
which loads X?
I want to try to do the following:
1. Set default background color. xsetroot is not fast enough on a slow
machine and adds to initial flickering.
2. I want to disable probing of different video modes that I see in
.log files. Initially I have X flickering at least twice during
startup and it is unacceptable for our device. I want to figure out
how to start X at preset resolution and consider it as the only choice
(I'm using vesa driver, as savage driver is even worse).
3. Disable default ungly pointer, looks like X, and load different
default pointer theme...

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me finding where I need
to do the modifications.

Sergei