R128 on Mac Powerbook (Pismo)

Brian Victor bhv1 at psu.edu
Sun Nov 14 13:43:58 PST 2004

I compiled Xorg from the 6.8.1 branch on CVS with Alex's R128 patch on
my pismo.  Here's how things are stacking up:

  1) When using a single head, glxinfo reports that direct rendering is
     on, but running glxgears does not work properly.  The first frame
     of gears is shown, then I get nothing else; X doesn't even take
     keyboard input anymore, and I have to ssh in to kill glxgears.

  2) I attempted a dual head setup.  The cursor will move off the right
     side of the screen, but the external display isn't getting a
     signal.  However, using m3mirror does turn the external display on,
     though of course in mirror mode rather than "spanned desktop."  Do
     I need to do something to turn the external display on?

Log and conf files are at http://brianhv.org/xorgfiles/

--
Brian