Composite Extension Information

Chris Debenham chris at adebenham.com
Thu Nov 18 20:48:30 PST 2004

Hatem,
 I've been playing around with this as well. Have you got anywhere?
I managed to get fvwm running at visual depth 32 (the ARGB aware visual)
but haven't figured out how to reparent the windows with the proper
visuals, they keep getting their visual from Scr.Root which of course is
the 24bit root window.

Chris

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:02:12PM -0500, Hatem H wrote in a legally binding way:
> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:02:12 -0500
> From: Hatem H <hatem.h at gmail.com>
> To: xorg at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Composite Extension Information
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm interested in trying to add native composite support to fvwm. I've
> had no experience working with things on an X Server level, so this is
> probably a huge leep from the coding I've been doing previously. I
> decided to try and look for an API or some developer-oriented docs for
> the composite extension and see if I could make any sense out of it,
> but I found nothing. My wild guess would be that this is because the
> composite extension is still a work in progress. If this is the case,
> can anyone give me any pointers on how I should get started? Should I
> just read the source? Is there some documentation out there that I've
> missed?
>
> Thanks,
> Hatem

If Ours Is A Man Made World, Why Can't We Remake It?