XTerm*termName: 'linux'

Martin martin.weissenborn at t-online.de
Sat Nov 20 15:35:22 PST 2004

Hello,

I would like to instruct xterm to provide TERM=linux via a resource
object, but it silently refuses to do so. In contrast TERM=xterm-color
is accepted as *termName subobject. But vi & co then default to an
improper color scheme which seems hardly readable on a colors on black
display compared to colors used with a terminfo entry of 'linux'.

Of course exporting TERM=linux into bash's environment and setting the
term name via -tn is possible, but I wanted to configure my system
without any unneeded external hassle, so that xterm provides its scheme
without .bashrc/profile or additional arguments at the command line.

Ideas are quite welcome. ;)

--
Martin Weißenborn